- Members of HKIEd Community Appointed as HKSAR Government Key Officials
- Tin Ka Ping Foundation Co-organised Forum with HKIEd
- HKIEd’s Inaugural President’s Awards to Honour Outstanding Staff Members
- HKIEd Degree Programmes Keenly Sought after
- Forum on Green Skills for Hong Kong
- HKIEd's Scholarship Presentation Ceremony 2012
- A Warm Welcome to New Members of the Institute Council
- Professor Danny Chan Donated Works on Contemporary China
HKIEd Degree Programmes Keenly Sought after
HKIEd degree programmes are keenly sought after in the latest round of 2012-13 Joint University Programmes Admissions System (JUPAS) among Secondary Seven graduates. Bachelor of Education (Honours) in Early Childhood Education remains the most competitive among all degree programmes offered by the eight University Grants Committee (UGC)-funded tertiary institutions, attracting 949 applications.
Applicants have to vie with a huge number of competitors for admission to both our traditionally strong education programmes, as well as complementary programmes to education, which were introduced since 2010 under the “Education-plus” vision. Each JUPAS applicant can choose up to 25 programme choices which are grouped into five Bands. Band A represents the 1st to 3rd programme choices. The Band A ratios of the most fiercely contested programmes include: Bachelor of Education (Honours) in Early Childhood Education (53: 1); Bachelor of Education (Honours) in Liberal Studies (22:1); and Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Language Studies – English Major (22:1); Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Language Studies – Chinese Major (21:1); and Bachelor Education (Honours) in Physical Education (19:1).